Bargain Beauty: Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadows

In this Bargain Beauty I’d like to share some more Catrice yummyness. I already showed you Catrice’s Made to Stay Inside Eye Highlighter Pen a couple of days ago, but recently I found some other gems.

Catrice recently launched nine new Liquid Metal Eyeshadows and I have two to show you today. M.A.C Extra Dimension Eyeshadows watch your step, because Catrice is coming for you..

The Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadows come in a shiny, plastic Black case with Clear top. On the bottom you find the eyeshadow’s name and other necessary info. There isn’t really anything you can hate on here. I think the packaging is smart and simple. Catrice chose to not let their packaging do the work, but the actual product. The plastic is very sturdy, but still, it’s plastic. I wouldn’t want to drop this.

→ Swatches applied dry! – Top: 020 “Gold n’ Roses” – Bottom: 080 “Mauves like Jagger”
“Gold n’ Roses” is what I would describe as a pale, soft Pink base with a Light Gold & Champagne shimmery shine. It’s beautiful for inner corner highlighting or a luxurious shiny color on the lid. – “Mauves like Jagger” is a Grey/Gunmetal base infused with a Lavender & Silver shine. This is a cool-toned smokey eye must + I love the name!

As I said, Catrice chose to let the product do the talking, not the packaging. And boy, did they do good on these. The Liquid Metal eyeshadows have a beautiful embossed pattern that shows off the multi-dimensional shimmers and reflects perfectly. Of course this is totally inspired by M.A.C’s Extra Dimension line.

I absolutely love these shadows. They’re a shiny, metal heaven. Where I feel like most drugstore brand eyeshadows crumble and spill a lot of product, these are a whole new level. They do crumble more than the M.A.C Extra Dimension range though. The eyeshadows are pigmented, soft and stunning. You only need a little bit, and you’re good to go! I do recommend a primer with these, as they aren’t very long lasting.

I think these are a great budget-friendly cousin of the M.A.C Extra Dimension range. Of course if you lay them side by side, I have to admit that M.A.C is the overall winner, but these are definitely worth considering. The Liquid Metals are great in texture and pigmentation but their lasting power isn’t one for the books. But it’s nothing a little bit of primer can’t fix!

Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadows retail for €3,99 each and are available at Kruidvat & Trekpleister (Dutch).

This entry was posted in Bargain Beauty, Makeup, Reviews, Swatches. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Bargain Beauty: Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadows

1. Diana says:

Last time you did a post like this I end up shopping that eyepencil and creating a huge wishlist from them. Now I have to add these eyeshadows xD
    Anyway, it’s nice to see that there are really affordable products that have amazing quality.
    Thank you for doing this kind of posts <3
    Please Take Care, have a nice day!*hugs*

2. I loveeee these eyeshadows!

3. Márcia says:

These look beautiful! I want them now! :)

xoxo

4. cathy says:

When applied wet, they do last a lot longer and have waaaaaaaaaay more intensivity.
    With an eyeshadow base, I had them on the entire day without creasing or fainting away =)

5. Shaunne says:

OMFG. The swatches killed me. Thanks for sharing! xx

6. Jiske says:

Nikkie ik vind je echt geweldig. Je bent de allerleukste blogger/guru op internet!!!!

7. Wat houd ik toch van Catrice :). Ook dit ziet er weer top uit!

8. Eline says:

Ik heb de paarse maar ik vind deze kleuren ook erg mooi!

9. Dionne says:

Ik heb ze ook, prachtig!

10. Marissa says:

Die rozige kleur is echt heel mooi!

11. nola says:

Prachtig !

12. Silke says:

Aww, heb nog staan twijfelen aan het Catrice-schap en nu heb ik spijt dat ik ze niet meenam!

13. Valcsi says:

Dear Nikkie!
    My purse is not so thankful right but I am. :D After the other post I run to the nearest drugstore and bought the Catrice pencil. I saw these eyeshadows too but I thought they not that nice. Now, after you post I found them much more nicer. I have to get them. They’re beautiful.

14. Maris says:

Ik heb ze al een maandje, dus ze zijn er al even..maar ze zijn echt prachtig!

15. Ah Catrice wat ben je toch fijn! Super mooie producten voor een habbekrats weer :)

16. Tina says:

Ohhhhh Nikkieeee, what was those amazing vibrant Mac products you posted on IG??? I need them in my life!! :-0 also, can’t wait till your september hits and oh god no :D

17. Karina says:

Smoky eyes made with the darker one is so cool for the daylu look!

18. Stella says:

Hey Nikkie,
    I bought these eye shadows after your post (and later even more shades) but I don’t think you’ve ever used in these in a video?
    Could you do one where you use these shades? Even though this post is a bit old now, these are still part of Catrice’s range so it wouldn’t be like you were doing a look with a sold-out LE collection or anything. :)