Rewind Wednesday: Sarah Victor’s “Grapes & Blueberries”

For today’s Rewind Wednesday we’re taking a trip down memory lane, back to good old 2009. The year where my YouTube channel still was a little puppy, I just started to learn that bright colors are one big ball of fun. And the year I was obsessed with an amazing lady called: Sarah Victor..

Today’s Rewind Wednesday goes to Sarah Victor’s makeup tutorial called: “Grapes & Blueberries”. A look with a beautiful soft Purple shadow dusted in the crease, vibrant Aqua/Blue color applied to the lid & lower lashline all topped of with a pop of White on the inner corners and a sultry winged eyeliner. LA LA LOVE.

Sarah has always been a huge influence on my YouTube channel. Ever since I started making videos, she was there. Her videos were there. Whenever I was in need of some laid-back fun, beautiful looks and real technique, Sarah Victor was my go!

In fact, I even think Sarah was the first to introduce me to winged eyeliner and false lashes. She applied it all in such an easy-going vibe, made some jokes along the way but still managed to give her entire video a professional feeling. Sarah knew what she was doing.

I chose “Grapes & Blueberries” because this was one of the videos I kept going back to. I loved how Sarah was able to make these overall quite harsh colors look soft and elegant. That, and Sarah was just one ball of laughter.

Ugh, my next Thirteen Rewind Wednesdays can be on Sarah, as she was everything to me in 2009 and I loved everything she came up with. You should’ve seen my face when she started following me on Twitter around 2010/2011. Fangirling to the extreme!

Today, in 2013, Sarah still makes amazing videos and I still watch her religiously, like the YouTube God she is to me, haha. Her humor and easy-going vibe are still alive and kicking and I don’t see myself ever getting sick of Sarah and her amazing videos.

So what are you waiting for? Check Sarah Victor’s channel out here, right now!

This entry was posted in Rewind Wednesday, Youtube. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Rewind Wednesday: Sarah Victor’s “Grapes & Blueberries”

1. femketje says:

gave look :D ik volg haar ook al lange tijd :3

2. Eline says:

Leuk artikel. Is toch leuk om te zien hoe je zo beïnvloed kan worden door andere youtubers. Zonder beautyguru’s zoals jij op youtube was ik ook nooit zo verslaafd geworden aan make-up en zelf ook niet een blog begonnen :)

3. Dionne says:

Heel mooi gedaan! :D

4. martha says:

im a subscriber of sarah victor as well and i lover her tutorials as well and shes so funny as well. i definetly agree with you :-)

5. Maxie says:

Leuk dat je ook andere bloggers erbij haald. Nooit geweten wie Sarah Victor was… Ga zeker wat filmpjes van haar bekijken!

6. Teresa Payne says:

I just discovered her channel a couple days ago (don’t know why it took me so long) but I LOVE HER…she’s hilarious and a very good teacher. Her humor reminded me of you, Nikki, so I’m not surprised that you love her as well. I’ve learned so much from both of you and can always get cheered up at the same time :)

7. Sarah Victor says:

Is it weird that I cried after reading this? Totally touched my heart and really made me smile. I remember finding you when you were 15 years old and just begun looks on YouTube. I said to my Husband “This chick is only FIFTEEN! Can you even DEAL with the talent she’s got goin’ on!? Imagine where she’ll be in a few years!”. I am happy to see your talent grow and your star shine bright. I cannot wait to see were you’ll be in a few years from NOW! Big things, big things xoxo

• NikkieTutorials says:

OMG, don’t cry my precious, haha. Thank you for your amazing comment, and loving words. But above all, thank you for changing my YouTube life. Can’t wait to meet you one day :) x

8. Chelle says:

I’m fairly confident I found YOU through Sarah Victor about two years ago. Probably in the “recommended” sidebar. I couldn’t be happier with both of you. And now that you’ve pointed out you idolize her, I can definitely see the similarities between you both and I wonder why it never struck me! You both put out videos that have the same kind of humour, hilarity and you’re definitely the ones I click on first when I load my subscriptions!

9. Hannelie says:

Ik kende haar nog niet, maar gelukkig nu wel! Ze is zooo grappig