My love for the M.A.C Extra Dimension Skinfinishes has always been a well known fact.
But every product has its flaws. With these babies: They’re limited edition. And knowing M.A.C that won’t change any time soon. Yeah M.A.C get on it!

That’s why when I was browsing through some drugstores here in the Netherlands with my mom my jaw literally dropped. Four PUPA Dèco Diamond eyeshadows. All shining bright like a diamond. Shine bright like a diam….. Okay, I’ll stop.

These four beauties literally made me stop and stare. And #03 looked very familiar…

Before we compare PUPA’s 03 Rose Diamond Dèco Eyeshadow to M.A.C’s Extra Dimension Skinfinish in “Superb” first let’s take a closer look at the PUPA shadow alone.

Let’s start calling this child “Rose Diamond” from now on, shall we?

Rose Diamond comes in a beautiful off-white box with cutesy, dainty gold dots.
The eyeshadow itself is packaged in a semi big faux-gold, plastic case. Which, in my opinion is too big. It needs a lot of room to store, And sometimes that can be a little annoying.

But really, who’s complaining when the product itself is SO gorgeous?

Will you look at that! Rose Diamond is absolutely stunning! It’s pigmented, you can use it wet and did I mention that it is utterly stunning already? I get instant Hollywood Glam vibes from this. Yum!

But how does it compare to M.A.C’s Extra Dimension Skinfinish in “Superb”?

(TOP: PUPA 03 Rose Diamond Dèco Eyeshadow
BOTTOM: M.A.C Extra Dimension Skinfinish “Superb”)

Yeah, pretty awesome huh?
These two are almost identical. The only difference I could find was: “Rose Diamond” is a little bit more pigmented than “Superb” is. Which, duh.. It’s an eyeshadow.
But if you want the exact same effect as “Superb” just use a light hand when applying it.

There’s another difference! “Rose Diamond” retails for €15,50 EUR / $19,98 USD
and M.A.C’s Extra Dimension Skinfinish “Superb” for €27,50 EUR / $29,00 USD.
“Superb” does contain 9g/0.31 US OZ though, whereas “Rose Diamond” contains 3,5g/.124 US OZ.

Price and amount of product wise you can’t really choose between the two.
However I’m pretty sure all of the M.A.C Extra Dimension Skin Finishes are sold out.
So you kinda have to choose for “Rose Diamond” at this point.

PUPA is available at selected Dutch Drug Stores and Pupa-Makeup.nl

This entry was posted in Makeup, Reviews, Swatches. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Pupa #03 Dèco Diamond Eyeshadow – The ultimate MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish dupe?

1. Eleonora says:

nikkieee pupa is an Italian brand, some of their products are beautifull!!! If you see the baked product by mac are all made in italy ;) even the extra dimension product!!! i think the’re made in the same factory!!!

2. Anne vdh says:

Nice! Goede vergelijking:D Deze pagina ga ik zeker even bookmarken voor als ik uit mijn no-buy kom ;-)

3. maha says:

Nikkie! Ik vind pupa al zo lang zo geweldig! Mijn beste vriendin koopt haar pupa blush op het vliegveld, maar we kunnen het nergens anders in Nederland vinden. Kan je me alsjeblieft vertellen in welke winkels het verkocht wordt?

4. Eva says:

Wauw, wat lijken ze ontzettend veel op elkaar, niet normaal!

5. maniaroles says:

awesome, will definently try and check this out

6. Yana Proviz says:

Hi Nikke,
    Thanks for finding a dupe for MAC’s Extra Dimension Skinfinish “Superb”!
    i have 2 of the Extra Dimension Skinfinish (i did buy a backup like you did)
    I just LOVEEEEEE them!
    this PUPA eye shadow would be my backup’s backup! (:

7. Cynthiiaa says:

Wow crap, dat is gewoon bijna identiek.. oh my. Thank you lady!

8. Veronika says:

Hi Nikkie =)! Super bedankt, ik zocht al een hele tijd een dupe voor Superb! In welke drogisterij heb je die oogschaduw gekocht ^^?

9. Rachel says:

PLEASE oh pretty please review the Taupe one!! Or all of them, I checked out their website and they look amazing.

10. Rebecca says:

Awesome! Any way I could get it here in the States?

11. Marlotte says:

O wow they are so similar it’s amazing!!

12. Augusta says:

SO GORGEOUS!! I’m off to EBay now. Would you say the makeup in the Netherlands in great??

13. Clarissa says:

Can I just say how much I love you for this?
    I’ve wanted this skin finish from MAC for an eternity but I could never get my hands on it.
    I’m definitely buying this amazing dupe!

14. kia says:

great dupe post!!!

15. mary ibarra says:

U should put outfits posts :)

16. Amy says:

Holy Pupa!
    Awesome find! Oh, and I love you and your randomness. I’m random like that too and wish we loved closer to each other. Not in a creepy, stalker sort of way. Okay, stopping now.

Love you!

17. Luisa says:

wooow, what an awesome discovery!
    I just wish here in Brasil we had that many options of dubes for the big brands :/
    definetly not something I’ll be albe to find here…
    but hey, yaaays for internet shopping!

thanks nikkie!
    I love your videos, you’re so talented <3

18. Leonora says:

Hi Nikkie! First I just have to say: You are AMAZING!
    You are defiantly my #1 favorite person to watch on youtube, reading your blog, instagram and so on.. you are amazing. Keep up the good work! I often watch your videos to or three times in a row (not to be creepy or something haha) but yeah, I saw your video for some days a go that their wasn’t that many comments on your blog, and since I am reading everything on your blog: I just wanted you to know I love your work :)

19. Shaikha-q8 says:

Wow they look soooo similar !
    Definitely checking that out

Thanks for the post and …

Shine bright like a diamond gurl ;)

20. Shannon says:

Nikkie, my husband just saw the word pupa & started repeating “poopa, poopa, poopa” over & over to annoy me. I was all like ” uuum honey it’s pronounced pew-pah” but he is still running around saying “poop-ah”

I wonder if pupa still retails in Australia, I remember seeing it a few years ago.

21. Claudia says:

Waauuuw ik ga maar eens een bezoekje brengen aan de DA drogist! Wat een mooie kleur!